- 2.5 pounds of fresh pork tenderloin never frozen and unprocessed
- 2 pounds of pork spine bones
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 5 ancho chili peppers deveined
- 5 guajillo chili peppers deveined
- 1 large onion, split
- 400 gr of fresh corn for precooked pozole
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh lettuce
- 5 fresh radishes, sliced
- 10 fresh lemons in quarters
- Place the backbone and cubed pork tenderloin in a large pot. Add enough water to cover the meat. Add the garlic cloves, salt to taste, the corn and bring to a boil. Lower to medium heat and simmer for an hour.
- In a small saucepan, add enough water to cover the chiles. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Place the softened chiles in a blender with a quarter of an onion and a little of the water and blend until the mixture is homogeneous. Add that chili paste to the corn and meat broth.
- When the pork is soft, remove the backbone bones. Season to taste. Before serving, remove the meat from the bone and cut it into small pieces.
- Serve the pozole with chopped lettuce, radish slices, and lemon quarters.