In San Jose:
Winter at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
This historic park in the center of Downtown San José will feature an outdoor cafe and beer garden, an Information Center, a mini-football field, and informal games for all ages. It’s a special place to touch down and hang out with other fans–locals and visitors alike. Evening features illuminated artwork and live music.
Location 194 S. Market St.
Date Cafe/beer garden open noon – 10PM daily, Friday, January 29 through Sunday, February 7
San José: SoFA’s Winter Market
On Friday, February 5, from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm and Saturday, February 6, from noon to 6:00 pm in the Downtown San José SoFA District. Artists, craft retailers, live music, DIY activities, and art galleries will entertain visitors and residents in the downtown arts district. For more information, contact the San José Downtown Association at email@example.com.
Location Date February 5, 2016 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm
San José: Super Guadalupe River Run
On the day of the Big Game, bring the entire family and join fellow runners and walkers in the annual 10k and 5k run along the beautiful Guadalupe River Trail. The Super Guadalupe River Run benefits the Guadalupe River Park Conservancy, a non-profit organization that promotes the development and active use of San José Central Park.
Location 438 Coleman Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110 Date Feb 7, 2016 – 9:00 am
In San Francisco
The NFL Experience driven by Hyundai, pro football’s interactive theme park, will be hosted by the Bay Area during Super Bowl Week. To be located at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, the NFL Experience celebrates the sport’s history and electrifying atmosphere of Super Bowl. Highlights will include:
* Interactive games so you can pass like a pro or take a shot at kicking a game winning field goal
* The NFL PLAY 60 Zone for the youngest of NFL Fans
* The opportunity for fans to meet some of their favorite NFL players of the past and present, including autograph sessions
* The history of the game on display including the opportunity to get an up-close look at all past Super Bowl championship rings and a photo opportunity with the one and only Vince Lombardi Trophy
* The NFL SHOP at Super Bowl, complete with the largest offering of official NFL limited-edition Super Bowl 50 merchandise and the latest in authentic NFL products
Hours of Operation
* Saturday, January 30: 10AM – 10PM
* Sunday, January 31: 10AM – 8PM
* Monday, February 1: 3PM – 10PM
* Tuesday, February 2: 3PM – 10PM
* Wednesday, February 3: 3PM – 10PM
* Thursday, February 4: 3PM – 10PM
* Friday, February 5: 3PM – 10PM
* Saturday, February 6: 10AM – 10PM
* Super Bowl Sunday (February 7): 10AM – 2PM
Super Bowl City presented by Verizon is the Host Committee’s free-to-the-public fan village designed to celebrate the milestone Super Bowl 50 and to highlight its unique place in the Bay Area.
Open January 30 – February 7, 2016.
Together with the NFL Experience Driven by Hyundai – pro football’s interactive theme park experience that will be held at the Moscone Center – Super Bowl City will be the hub of fan energy and excitement leading up to gameday at Levi’s® Stadium in Santa Clara. Map can be seen on tinyurl.com/hb2leg4.
Info on all events throughout Super Bowl 50 week, as well as commute and volunteering information can be found at http://www.sfbaysuperbowl.com