The holidays are always a great time to show off our cooking skills, especially when talking about the desserts. While some families stick to traditional meals, others like to switch it up. Nestle La Lechera is a constant when it comes to Hispanic desserts, that’s why we would like to recommend three simple pies for your Thanksgiving dinner.
These are perfect for those who want a classic dessert, while adding some of that Latin flavor to the Thanksgiving menu.
Chocolate Dulce de Leche Pecan Pie
10 minutes to prepare | 20 minutes cooking time | 70 minutes standing time
1 refrigerated pie crust
3 large eggs
3/4 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Place pie crust in pie plate
- BEAT eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in dulce de leche and butter; mix well. Stir in nuts.
- SPRINKLE morsels over bottom of pie crust. Pour egg mixture over morsels.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out still slightly sticky. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate. Garnish with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
20 minutes to prepare | 1 minutes cooking time | 160 minutes standing time
18 chocolate sandwich cookies
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- PLACE cookies in food processor; cover. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Pour into a medium bowl. Add melted butter; mix to combine. Press crumbs onto bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- MICROWAVE dulce de leche in small pitcher or liquid measuring cup until easy to pour. Pour over crust in a circular design. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- PLACE cream cheese in a medium bowl. Microwave morsels in a small, dry, microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Pour chocolate over cream cheese and mix until fully combined. Stir in sriracha sauce.
- POUR cream cheese mixture over tart. Spread evenly and gently. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve dusted with cayenne pepper or ground cinnamon, if desired.
15 minutes to prepare | 50 minutes cooking time | 120 minutes standing time
1 cups hot cooked sweet potatoes, skins removed, mashed
2 tablespoons butter
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon salt
1 can (14 ounces) NESTLE LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
Whipped cream (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F
- BEAT sweet potatoes and butter in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add eggs, grated orange peel, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- BAKE for 10 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 hours; refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into wedges; serve with whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon, if desired.