SACRAMENTO, Calif – The California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC), the premier organization promoting the development of Hispanic entrepreneurs and emerging Latino businesses in California, will recognize the contributions of a diverse group of accomplished, Latino leaders,during the 2016 Annual Convention in Riverside, CA, September 21st to September 23rd at the Riverside Convention Center.
Innovation Starts Here is the theme of the 37th Annual Conference. The three day convention will focus on new innovations sparking the creativity of entrepreneurs throughout California, technologies transforming industries, and recognize Hispanic millennials and Latinas who are forging their own paths in business.
“The CHCC takes pride to be the catalyst of innovation and leadership in California,” said Juan P. Garcia, Deputy Director of the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce. “We are recognizing the accomplishments and contributions of our Hispanic leaders across business industries and city boundaries. These are leaders who positively impact communities and transcend political, educational, gender, economic, and generational boundaries.”
“Each one of this year’s awardees serve as a testament of the accomplishments of the CHCC and its members. The organization takes pride in the achievements of its community, empowers leaders and nurtures generations to come,” said Frank Montes, Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Awards have been selected for the following categories: Millennials and Innovation, Latina Empresaria, and the Hispanic Chamber Award.
We will be reintroducing a fourth category this year — “Hispanic Small Business Award.” One Hispanic small business will be recognized for each CHCC region: Central, Inland Empire, Northern, and Southern. Official announcement and winners to be released in early September.
This year’s awardees include:
MILLENNIALS AND INNOVATION CATEGORY
• Hispanic Innovation Award: Camino Financial
• Hispanic Millennial Award: Omar Dario Arcadia, Artoy Trading LLC
• Hispanic Shark Award: Manny Fernandez, DreamFunded
LATINA EMPRESAIRA CATEGORY
• Latina Pioneer Award: Annette Fraley, Intero Real Estate Services
• Latina Rising Start Award: Sarahi Espinosa Salamanca, DREAMer’s Roadmap
• Latina Beacon Award: Rosa Elena Sahagún, Esq.,The Law Offices of Rosa Elena Sahagún
• Latina Minerva Award: Teresa Razo, Villa Roma Restaurant
• Latina Hall of Fame Inductee: Maria Bastian Thompson, Agile Sourcing Partners, Inc.
HISPANIC CHAMBER CATEGORY
• John Aguilar Procurement Award: Raul Medrano, RJ Medrano & Associates
• Corporate Advocate of the Year Award: Southern California Edison
• Chamber Executive of the Year Award: Carlos Solorzano-Cuadra, Hispanic Chambers of Commerce of San Francisco; and Theresa Martinez, Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce
• Affiliate of the Year Award: National Latina Business Women Association – Los Angeles
• Chamber of the Year Award: Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Silicon Valley
“We are proud of their accomplishments, and we look forward to highlighting and celebrating each and every one of them at our upcoming convention. They exemplify our Hispanic culture and the core principles of our community,” said Juan P. Garcia.
Awardee profiles are available on the CHCC Convention website – <www.cahccconvention.com>. Awards will be presented throughout the three day convention.